My Style of Investing

My stock investing style is a mixture of the long-term investment style of Warren Buffett and Benjamin Graham with a hint of the "ring the register" investment style of Jim Cramer.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Investopedia Portfolio 3/29/2011 FVITF

My current holdings:
  • Exelon (EXC) 500 shares at a 3.39% loss
  • General Electric (GE) 1000 shares at a 17.23% gain
  • Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) 500 shares at a 41.56% loss
  • People's United Financial (PBCT) 250 shares at a 13.04% loss
  • Nvidia (NVDA) 1400 shares at a 71.75% gain
  • Caterpillar (CAT) 200 shares at a 72.74% gain
  • Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) 200 shares at a 33.89% gain
  • Citigroup (C) 1000 shares at a 11.95% gain
I am selling shares in Caterpillar and Nvidia.  I still like CAT long-term, but I want to ring the register on the gain.  I wish I would have sold Nvidia when it was in the $20s, but I feel like its time to sell some of the shares.

I am going to start buying Fortuna Silver Mines (FVITF).  Go to:  www.fortunasilver.com  and check out their 2010 financial performance.  It is incredible.  I've never seen anything like it.  You will be astonished.  FVITF closed March 29th at $5.22 a share.  This investment is riskier and could be considered a gamble, especially if you consider silver prices unreasonably high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment